A place to connect spiritually and grow relationally.
"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
As believers in Christ, we are designed to grow in community. At St. John, we gather for intentional community in Christ in Life Together groups. In these groups we stay connected with other believers – to have people with whom we can pray, study God’s Word, walk in fellowship…and “do life” together.
CURIOUS? HERE ARE ANSWERS TO A FEW COMMON QUESTIONS...
What will my group do?
Some groups meet primarily for study, others meet primarily to serve and to foster friendships. There are a number of different types of groups, but all share a common goal – to strengthen our Christian relationships and provide encouragement to one another while enriching our faith.
How do I know which group is right for me?
There are a wide variety of groups available; groups for parents of young children, for empty nesters, for singles and for couples. Life Together Groups at St. John provide an opportunity to walk with others who are in a similar stage of life or have similar interests.
How often and where do groups meet?
Groups meet monthly, twice monthly, or weekly, generally at a home or the church.
Is childcare provided?
In some groups childcare is offered.
How many people are in a group?
Typically there are 4-12 group members.
WHY DO WE INVEST IN LIFE TOGETHER GROUPS?
- To follow the example of discipleship set by Christ
- To follow the example of the early church “ and all who believed were together…” Acts 2:44
- God sees community as “good and pleasant” – Psalm 133:1
- God at Creation said it was not good for man to be alone – Genesis 2:18
- The Holy Trinity is the ultimate example of community – the triune God is in relationship and invites us to join Him!
- The Holy Spirit has been stirring our leaders and our congregation toward a more unified, simplified focus on discipleship.
- True life transformation will take place in the context of community and relationship -- where iron sharpens iron -- Proverbs 27:17
READY TO GET PLUGGED IN WITH A LIFE TOGETHER GROUP?
If you're interested in joining a group and would like more information, please complete the interest form.