Small groups are where biblical study, prayer, encouragement and friendship are at the forefront. We'd love to have you be part of this enriching experience. Come alongside others who meet together on a regular basis for Christian study and growth. Walk along with those who are in a similar stage in life, a similar geographic area or have similar interests. There are a number of different types of groups but all have a common thread - that is to strengthen our Christian relationships and provide encouragement to one another while enriching our faith.
Groups typically have the following characteristics:
- Consist of 4-12 members
- Have a trained leader, or a leader-in-training
- Stay connected to the small group ministry team through the coaching system
- Adopt an open chair policy to incorporate new members at times throughout the year
- Provide a confidential and safe environment for sharing and building authentic relationships
- Work together on mutually agreed upon goals for learning and service
- Pray and worship together
- Serve together when possible at church, in the community and in the world
- Focus on God’s Word and growth in discipleship
Groups meet monthly, twice monthly or weekly. Some have child care while others don’t. Some meet primarily for study. Others meet primarily to serve and to foster friendship. There are groups for parents of young children, for empty nesters, for singles and for couples. Groups meet in homes and at the church. Most groups have between three and twelve members. Being part of a small group is a wonderful way to strengthen your commitment to Christ Jesus.
To help you find a group that suits you, complete the interest sheet and send it to the church office.
Small Group Interest Sheet